Wednesday, May 13, 2020
As Maine responds to the COVID-19 pandemic, businesses are faced with many legal questions. The attorneys at Eaton Peabody have been actively monitoring the continuing pronouncements by state and federal officials and new laws. This webinar will provide an overview of the requirements and impacts of state laws, the Families First Coronavirus Response Act and the CARES Act on employers.
Attorneys Sarah Newell and Rebecca LaPierre will discuss current thinking with regard to such topics as:
* "Essential" and "nonessential" businesses under shelter in place orders
* OSHA obligations
* Temperature checks in the workplace
* What to do when an exposed employee/customer enters the workplace
* Employment law aspects of working from home
* Dealing with absent employees - leaves of absence, including the new federal emergency sick leave and family leave law
* Not enough work: reducing hours and pay
* Closing shop: The WARN Act
Register for the webinar here.