Full Time at Ports of Italy in Rockport, Me
Created July 9, 2020
Ports of Italy is an Italian upscale dining restaurant, working as a team to provide friendly service. The chef sources ingredients from local distributors and growers, supporting the local community with offerings of fresh local seafood, meats and vegetables.
Part time and full time positions available. Ports of Italy front of house employees work as a team, and are included in a tip-share style of service.
Summary of Position:
Provide timely, accurate, and friendly service while preparing the highest quality beverages for our guests.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Be able to explain the restaurant’s concept and practices to employees and customers.
· Maintain a constant understanding of the most up to date food and beverage menus as well as any and all specials.
· Maintain an in-depth knowledge of current spirit list and classic cocktails and be able to answer questions and make informed recommendations to guests.
· Prepare all drinks, alcoholic and non-alcoholic, according to Port of Italy’s recipes and quality standards.
· Serve guests dining at the bar in a friendly and timely manner.
· Record all orders accurately and immediately in the POS.
· Promptly prepare beverages as server drink tickets come through on the printer.
· Using a portable POS system, accept guest payment, process credit cards and charges and make change if applicable.
· Wash and polish all glassware and bar equipment
· Thoroughly complete daily stocking
· Prepare garnishes and monitor their quality. (No brown limes.)
· Keep clutter down in the bar area and maintain a clean, attractive, and efficient work space.
· Monitor levels of prebatch backstock.
· Assist in restocking and replenishment of bar inventory and supplies.
· Ensure no bar prep goes past date.
Coordinate with Manager to:
· Complete weekly inventory
· Prep batched cocktails and ingredients
· Report all equipment problems and bar maintenance issues to the restaurant manager.
· Be prepared to fill in where needed to ensure smooth and efficient operation of the restaurant i.e., serving tables, bussing tables, answering the phone, greeting guests at the door, etc.
How to Apply
Email or call to inquire.