Why should your business join the Penobscot Bay Regional Chamber of Commerce?
Our Chamber provides your business with a foundation of information and networking. Here are some of the member benefits:
- Chamber members are eligible to display their brochures, business cards, and other materials at our Visitor Centers, open year round on the Public Landing in Camden and at Park Drive in Rockland. In response to requests from residents and visitors, Chamber staff and volunteers disseminate these materials and provide member referrals.
- Chamber members — and only members — receive a Free Listing and are eligible to advertise in Discover the Jewel of the Maine Coast, our flagship marketing piece which reaches a focused, worldwide readership of more than 100,000. In addition, the Jewel can be viewed online via our digital Flipbook format which is proving to be very popular with visitors to our website.
- As a new member, we'll teach you how to use the PBRCC website to post your own content - your services, news, and events. Members can find you via a searchable directory by business category.
- Members have the opportunity to advertise on the PBRCC website with a button ad linkable to your website in order to reach local residents and businesses, as well as the lucrative tourist market. We average over 40,000 page views per month!
- Chamber members receive access to business information, legislation, resources, and trends through our bi-weekly Friday Report email and posts to our social media accounts.
Education & Networking
- The Chamber's Business After Hours events, held monthly at sponsoring members' business locations, give members a chance to socialize and network in a casual setting.
- The Chamber's Business Breakfast series features regional and national subject-matter experts, including business leaders, legislators, entrepreneurs and artists for a lively presentation and discussion. Members receive reduced admission to the Business Breakfast Series.
Small Business Insurance
The Maine State Chamber Purchasing Alliance, Inc. offers businesses with 2-50 employees, as well as self-employed people, who are members of a local or regional chamber of commerce, a suite of Chamber BlueOptions health plans. Included are four HMO plans, a PPO, and corresponding Health Savings Account plans.